Monday, November 8, 2010

2010 Vancouver Olympics

We were so pumped to have the Olympics in Canada this year. We really wanted to go but it just wasn't feasible for us at that time. We made an Olympic rings count down and made sure we had our Canadian Flags out to cheer on our Canadian athletes. We also went and hung out with family and made a big cookie with the Olympic rings on it. It's a tradition in the Woolf family to do that for each Olympics. There was a lot of patriotic spirit in our home and you could even feel it everywhere you went. We are proud to be Canadians.


After the Olympics I was able to find cheap tickets to go to Vancouver to visit our friends the Steed's . I kept telling them that I would come out and visit and that time worked out to be the best for us. I didn't know at the time when I booked my flights that I was going to Vancouver during the Paralympics so when I arrived Sharlee surprised me with tickets to a Sledge Hockey game while I was there. Vancouver is an amazing place to visit. It reminded me of San Francisco except with Canadian style and lots of tress and mountains. I had so much fun visiting and hanging out with them and the kids. I got a tour of UBC dental school that Brett is going to, we went to the beach and a few parks, and ate some really yummy food. It was so fun and really relaxing.
I couldn't believe how many Canadian Flags I saw all over the city. You could still feel the strong pride from the Canadian people even after the Olympics.






Thank you Steed Family for the fun weekend! Love you!




0 comments: